OUR HISTORY


Founded in 1948, when a local group of Chicago controllers formed the Society of Savings and Loan Controllers, a 501(c) 6 not-for-profit association. In 1982, the Society was officially renamed the Financial Managers Society and remains headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.

Today, with nearly 1,500 professional members, FMS focuses on providing first-class education, community support, networking and professional development for finance industry members. With membership from banks, thrifts, credit unions and affiliate partners from across the country FMS has established themselves as a National society.

FMS is committed to supporting financial industry executives as they navigate an ever evolving financial environment. As we look to the next generation of executives, FMS will continue to provide the education, resources and development tools to professionals in the financial banking industry.