Sign In to Register
Maintaining a high standard for your institution's quarterly 5300 Call Report is an essential responsibility of financial officers. To have a firm grasp of the form is one thing, but to have the latest tips and insights covering accuracy and efficiency is another. In the FMS seminar, 5300 Call Report Basics, attendees will receive a complete analysis of all required forms and option schedules. This two-day seminar is a must for credit union employees looking to put their regulatory reporting in peak performance.
Registration and Buffet Breakfast
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Overview of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
Overview of the NCUA 5300 Call Report
• Why is it important?
• What is it used for? (Importance of YTD figures)
• What is the NCUA looking for?
• Sections and schedules of the NCUA 5300 Call Report
• Using the instructions
• Errors and historical earnings
“Prepping” for the Call Report
• Collecting the information
• Segregation of duties
• Using the workbook and the working copy
• Building spreadsheets
• Keeping backup
Completing the Call Report
• Statement of financial condition as of quarter-end
• Income and expenses
• Miscellaneous information
• Delinquent loans
• Expanded delinquency
• Loan charge offs and recoveries
• Expanded Loan Loss Section
• Liquidity, commitments and sources
8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Schedules A through E
• Schedule A, Specialized Lending (All six sections will be covered)
• Real Estate Expanded Section
• Risk Based Net Worth Box
• Member and Non-member Business Loans
• Troubled Debt Restructured Loans (TDRs)
• Schedule B (Expanded), Investments and Supplemental Information
• Schedule C, Credit Union Service Organizations (CUSO) Information
• Schedule D, Derivative Transactions
• Schedule E, BSA/Anti-Money Laundering Information
Prompt Corrective Action (PCA)
Risk-based Net Worth Calculation Worksheet
• What is PCA?
• What is Risk-based Net Worth (RBNW) and what is it used for?
• How is RBNW calculated?
• Planning for the future
Reading and Understanding the NCUA’s Financial Performance Report
Chief Executive Officer, Texans Credit Union
Kevin Durrance is currently the Chief Executive Officer for the $1.5 billion Texans Credit Union. Prior to that, he was the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the $875 million Georgia Federal Credit Union in Atlanta, Georgia. Kevin joined the credit union movement in 1993 and has over 30 years of experience in all major areas of commercial banks, savings banks, and credit unions.
Kevin holds an MBA in Finance, an LL.M, and several other degrees from the American Institute of Banking. Additionally, Kevin is a former instructor and executive committee member for the American Institute of Banking. He is experienced in teachingaccounting personnel, CFOs, Senior Management, CEOs, and Credit Union Boards.
Location and Accommodations
85 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Special FMS Room Rate: $199 Single/Double
Deadline for Room Rate: August 15, 2017
|| Earn up to 14 hours of CPE credit.
- Level: Basic to Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Advance preparation: None
- Field of Study: Accounting
- Instructional Method: Live-Group
For more information regarding administrative policies such as concerns or refunds, call 800-ASK-4FMS (800-275-4367). FMS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to: The National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 Web: www.nasba.org.
Members and Non-members sign in or create an account below to register
A refund minus a $250 processing fee will be provided for cancellations received by FMS in writing four weeks prior to the program start date. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after that date. A substitution from your institution is welcome at any time. FMS reserves the right to change instructors or reschedule/cancel sessions when necessary. FMS is not responsible for airfare penalties incurred due to the cancellation of the program. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (312) 578-1300.
5300 Call Report Basics (15 hours CPE)
September 7-8, 2017
FMS Members: $1,195
Sign In to Register
Download the Printable Registration Form
Accounting and Regulatory One-day Workshop (8 hours CPE)
September 6, 2017
FMS Members: $495
Accounting and Regulatory Update One-day Workshop + 5300 Call Report Basics (23 hours CPE)
September 6-8, 2017
FMS Members: $1,495