Sign In to Register
Keep up with new, proposed and revised changes with FMS’ Call Report Boot Camp for Banks seminar. The Call Report is constantly changing leaving you with questions. We have the answers you need to be successful.
Designed for both preparers and reviewers of the form, the Call Report Boot Camp program agenda follows the order of the report’s schedules, starting with the Income Statement schedules trailed by all Balance Sheet schedules. This in-depth program will discuss new, proposed, and revised changes such as:
- The projected March 2018 changes for both FFIEC 051 and 041 filers, which includes reductions to several line items as well as instructional changes to the reporting of past due loans as well the percentage deduction and risk weighting of certain items
- The September 2017 proposed simplifications to risk-based capital rules, replacing the complex definition of high volatility commercial real estate exposure with a more straightforward definition
- The new form 051, approved in January 2017, for banks with less than $1 billion in assets, which eliminates 40 percent of existing line items.
- Changes to the CD deposit size threshold increase from $100,000 to $250,000 on RI, RC-E, and RC-K
- New accounting rules on equity securities, leases, and other real estate.
This program offers hands-on-learning, bring a copy of their general ledger and latest call report to make practical comparisons as industry expert, Ann Thomas of Thomas Consulting, reviews specific line items and classifications during the program to help ensure your first quarter filing is done accurately and efficiently.
Annual training on the Call Report is highly recommended by regulators. Gain the tools you need to prepare for your next filing and register to attend Call Report Boot Camp for Banks today!
Monday, March 5, 2018
7:00 am - 8:00 am
Registration and Buffet Breakfast
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Income Statement Schedules
- RI, Report of Income
- RI-A, Changes in Equity Capital
- RI-B, Charge-Off’s and Recoveries
- RI-C, Disaggregate Allowance for Loan Losses
- RI-E, Explanations
Balance Sheet Schedules
- RC, Report of Condition
- RC-A, Cash and Due from Banks
- RC-B, Securities
- RC-C, Loan
- RC-E, Deposits
Tuesday March 6, 2018
7:00 am - 8:00 am
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Balance Sheet Schedules (continued)
- RC-F, Other Assets
- RC-G, Other Liabilities
- RC-K, Average Balances
- RC-L, Unused Commitments & Off Balance Sheet Items
- RC-M, Memoranda
- RC-N, Past Due & Nonaccruals
- RC-O, Insurance Assessments
- RC-P, Mortgage Banking Activities
- RC-Q, Assets and Liabilities Measured at Fair Value
- RC-R, Risk Based Capital, including proposed changes
- RC-S, Servicing, Securitization, Sales
- RC-T, Trust Department
Thomas Consulting, LLC
Ann Thomas owns and operates Thomas Consulting, LLC, where she performs regulatory compliance audits and training, internal control audits, and prepares and reviews Call Reports for numerous banks. Ann has over 30 years of experience in bank accounting and control., including her work with Judith Alexander Jenkins for 15 years, providing planning, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, and operational and compliance auditing services to over ninety independent banks. Her experience in working with a broad range of independent banks is of unique value in understanding Call Report questions and in communicating with bankers in their own language. She received a BA in Accounting from the University of Houston.
Location and Accommodations
Rosen Shingle Creek
9939 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Special FMS Room Rate: $219
Deadline for Room Rate: February 18, 2018
Telephone: 407-996-9939 or 866-996-9939
Identify yourself as an attendee of the Financial Managers Society program to receive the preferred rate. If you are making reservations through a travel agent, be sure to request that your reservation be placed in the FMS room block to guarantee the best rate.
|| Earn up to 15 hours of CPE credit.
- Level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Advance preparation: None
- Field of Study: Accounting
- Instructional Method: Live-Group
For more information regarding administrative policies such as concerns or refunds, call 800-ASK-4FMS (800-275-4367). FMS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to: The National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 Web: www.nasba.org.
Refunds and Cancellations
A refund minus a $250 processing fee will be provided for cancellations received by FMS in writing four weeks prior to the program start date. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after that date. A substitution from your institution is welcome at any time. FMS reserves the right to change instructors or reschedule/cancel sessions when necessary. FMS is not responsible for airfare penalties incurred due to the cancellation of the program. For more information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (312) 578-1300.
Members and Non-members sign in or create an account below to register
Call Report Boot Camp (15 hours CPE)
March 5 - 6, 2018
FMS Members: $1,195
Sign In to Register