Using best practices in process, design, testing, remediation, evaluation and reporting for internal controls, you will leave this seminar with the tools needed to both implement a new program and update your current one. Additionally, each attendee will take home risk identification tools and sample questions, examples of internal controls walkthrough questions and a FDICIA internal control testing template.
You Will Walk Away With:
• A better understanding of FDICIA and reporting requirements
• The tools and techniques you need to perform effective, efficient risk assessments and control identifications
• An understanding of how to integrate management and review functions, like internal audit, into your FDICIA program
• Best practices for documentation and testing of internal controls
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
• Communicating requirements
• Internal audit requirements
• Gaining support
Roles and Responsibilities of Management, Internal Auditor and the Board of Directors
Performing the Risk Assessment to Identify and Quantify Efforts
Where Should You Be and What Should You Have at the End of Year One?
Documenting your Internal Controls
• Internal control frameworks (COSO)
• Identifying controls and designating key controls
• Technology and systems
• Process flowcharts
• Identifying significant accounts
• Assessing existing documentation
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Testing Internal Controls
• How to test and not over test
• Testing information technology general and application controls
Reporting Deficiencies and Tracking Compliance and Remediation Efforts
• What are the deficiencies?
• Management reporting requirements
• Auditor reporting requirements
• Deficiency tracking
Evaluating your Existing FDICIA Compliance Program
• Performance measures
• Process enhancements
Raven Catlin, CIA, CFSA, CPA, CRMA
Professional Trainer and Consultant
Raven Catlin, CIA, CFSA, CPA, CRMA, is a professional trainer and consultant with a diverse background in risk management, accounting, auditing, and finance. Her experience includes financial reporting, internal auditing, audit management, consulting, training, and organizational leadership. She has been in the risk management and internal auditing profession for over 19 years performing risk-based integrated audits for non-profits, mortgage operations, capital markets, mortgage-backed securities, financial services, and more. She assisted several Fortune 500 companies in establishing an internal audit department, redesigning internal audit processes and implementing Sarbanes-Oxley programs. For 15 years, she delivers engaging, transformational seminars.
Hyatt at The Bellevue
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Special FMS Room Rate: $185 Single/Double
Deadline for Rate: March 27, 2017
For Reservations: Book online or call 1-888-591-1234
Identify yourself as an attendee of the Financial Managers Society program to receive the preferred rate. If you are making reservations through a travel agent, be sure to request that your reservation be placed in the FMS room block to guarantee the best rate.
|| Earn up to 16 hours of CPE credit.
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A basic understanding of risk and control
- Advance preparation: Familiarity with the COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Field of Study: Auditing
- Instructional Method: Live-Group
For more information regarding administrative policies such as concerns or refunds, call 800-ASK-4FMS (800-275-4367). FMS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to: The National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 Web: www.nasba.org.
Refunds and Cancellations
A refund minus a $250 processing fee will be provided for cancellations received by FMS in writing four weeks prior to the program start date. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after that date. A substitution from your institution is welcome at any time. FMS reserves the right to change instructors or reschedule/cancel sessions when necessary. FMS is not responsible for airfare penalties incurred due to the cancellation of the program. For more information regarding refunds, concerns and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (312) 578-1300.