You will go beyond the basics and work with an in-depth, computer-based case study to gain practical experience in developing and operating effective financial management strategies. You’ll learn the unique concepts and terminology of bank finance and asset/liability management along with practical implementation tools to profitably manage a financial institution balance sheet, develop effective strategies and communicate those strategies to the board and senior management.
Go to GSB Website to Register
Who Should Attend
Financial executives and those who hold senior management positions actively involved in day-to-day financial management activities. Financial managers who have day-to-day experience with asset/liability management, investments, budgeting and reporting activities will also benefit from this in-depth curriculum.
An integrated case study will be used throughout the program to provide relevant examples and a background for discussion of critical issues. Courses include:
• Enterprise Wide Risk Management
• Stress Testing with ALCO
• Capital Planning
• Asset/Liability Management
• Loan Pricing, Grading, Concentration, ALLL, and Loan Stress Testing
• Core Funding Plan
• Non-core Funding and Liquidity Management
• Individual Institution Capital Planning
Details and Fees
The 2017 fees are $4,050 for all attendees.
The program fee for the Financial Managers School includes:
• A $350 non-refundable registration fee
• All instructional materials and resources
• Single occupancy lodging at the Fluno Center For Executive Education or a business hotel, based on space availability
• Meals (including full breakfast and lunch each day)
• Welcome Reception and Dinner
• Case study simulation model
• Classroom instruction by industry experts with over 20 years of experience
• Access to a faculty of experts with decades of experience in the financial services industry
Thomas A. Farin
Financial Managers School Program Coordinator
Chairman of the Board, Farin & Associates, Inc.
David W. Koch
President and CEO, Farin & Associates, Inc.
Senior Vice President – Credit Risk Services, Farin & Associates, Inc.
Senior Vice President, Capital Markets, CenterState Bank
Fluno Center for Executive Education
601 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53715-1035
Attendees could also be housed at a nearby business hotel which is a short walk, based on space availability and application date. The Fluno Center offers a perfect setting for learning, sharing ideas, and networking with financial industry peers.
|| Earn up to 44 hours of CPE credit.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Prerequisites: Financial manager actively involved in the financial responsibilities of a small- to medium- sized financial institution
- Advance preparation: Pre-reading assignments
- Field of Study: Accounting and Auditing, Management
- Instructional Method: Live-Group
For more information regarding administrative policies such as concerns or refunds, call 800-ASK-4FMS (800-275-4367). FMS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses. Complaints regarding sponsors may be addressed to: The National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue, North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 Web: www.nasba.org.
Go to GSB Website to Register